Q: Check light keeps blinking Isuzu Trooper V6-3.5L

asked by on August 09, 2016

There is a check warning that blinks under the TOD display on the dashboard in my car. I took it to the dealership but they couldn't find the cause and the light remained. Other than this, the car has no other issues. What could be causing it to blink?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The Check Engine Light under the TOD is the indicator that there is a problem in the 4WD and transmission system. Your 4WD or transmission system has diagnostic capabilities to test and get codes out. You may need to have a mechanic scan the system and do the pinpoint test to see if the system 4WD switch is stuck or not. Try to move the system into and out of 4WD and drive off road in 4WD to see if it works, and then move back to unlock 4WD back to 2WD and see if display works normally. If you would like this checked for you, a local expert from YourMechanic can diagnose your Check Engine Light and assist with any necessary repairs.