Q: My 440 Dodge Motor Home won't start.

I have a 440 Dodge Motor Home. I pulled it out of the drive and it wouldn't start. I put a new starter in it. It clicks once, but won't turn over. I thought maybe the motor had froze up, but I can't turn motor by hand underneath.

The 440 has a flex plate with a ring gear. The starter needs to be removed and then see if the engine can be moved by hand. It may be a possibility that the starter and ring gear on the flex plate are binding due to damage or misalignment. My advice is to have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, remove the starter, check the engine for movement and inspect the starter ring gear on the flex plate.