Q: My 440 Dodge Motor Home won't start.

I have a 440 Dodge Motor Home. I pulled it out of the drive and it wouldn't start. I put a new starter in it. It clicks once, but won't turn over. I thought maybe the motor had froze up, but I can't turn motor by hand underneath.

The 440 has a flex plate with a ring gear. The starter needs to be removed and then see if the engine can be moved by hand. It may be a possibility that the starter and ring gear on the flex plate are binding due to damage or misalignment. My advice is to have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, remove the starter, check the engine for movement and inspect the starter ring gear on the flex plate.

3. My 440 Dodge Motor Home won't start.