Q: EGR valve is closed when I accelerate and it opens when I remove my foot from accelerator. What is wrong with the EGR valve?

i have freelander 2 and when it is cool that time my scanner says egr opens and close and as soon as car is warm it becomes zero that means close . as soon as i accelarate it remains zero and when i leave accelator egr valve opens

Hi there. If you are getting the EGR valve to operate in the opposite times, then check the harness for power and see if the power is on with the engine at idle. Check the voltage and there should be a 5 volt reference going in and 0 reference going out. If the valve has a 5 volt reference going in and a 5 volt reference going out while the engine is at idle, then the valve needs replaced. If the valve has a 5 volt reference going in and a 0 volt reference going out while the engine is at idle, then the computer needs flashed (reprogrammed) or replaced. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with the EGR functioning incorrectly.

• EGR valve is closed when I accelerate and it opens when I remove my foot from accelerator. What is wrong with the EGR valve?