My 1996 ford tarus started smoking and the making a knock...

Q: My 1996 ford tarus started smoking and the making a knocking noise when i press the gas

asked by on November 21, 2017

My 1996 ford tarus started smoking and the making a knocking noise when i press the gas then the car shut off

Engine knocks can mean serious business, and at 220 thousand miles it could be just about anything. It could be that you have internal engine damage. Before you drive the car any more, you should have t checked out to be sure that you aren’t making things any worse. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your knocking noise and let you know what can be done for it.