Q: Tires easily go flat when hit curbs at slow speed

I'm a new driver and today “2” of my tires instantly went flat when I went up on a curb. I did this once before when I hit a curb four months ago (it wasn't until the next day that it went flat). I wasn't going fast, either time. Both times, I was turning corners, so that was probably around 15-20 mph. It seems strange to me that it has happened to me twice and when I've been with friends who have done the same thing, their tires don't go flat. Is this a common problem with my make/model and/or why is this happening?

The angle at which the impact occurs is more important than the speed at which the impact occurs. The tire will lose air if the angle of the impact shifts the tire off of the rim bead.

Another possible cause is damage to the tire. All tires are different. Different manufacturers and different tire models all react differently to impacts and undulations. Resulting damage can vary, and if you just happen to have tires that react poorly to the curb conditions, it can cause blowout where similar impact to your friend’s tires do not cause blow out.

3. Tires easily go flat when hit curbs at slow speed