Q: EPC light on and started losing power as well as taking longer to start the car. now the car wont start

Audi started losing some power and started taking longer to start. Now the car acts like it wants to start but doesn't actually turn over. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be and price ideas to fix it? thank you!!!

Hi There, The EPC light is typically related to the ECM (computer) not receiving the proper signal from the crankshaft position sensor. A crankshaft position sensor is an electronic device used to monitor the position or rotational speed of the crankshaft. This information is used by engine management systems to control the fuel injection or the ignition system timing and other engine parameters. When this is faulty or not working properly, this will cause problems with the ignition system and generating spark transmission to the spark plugs resulting in starting problems and other performance issues causing misfires. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. EPC light on and started losing power as well as taking longer to start the car. now the car wont start