Q: Half shafts

I'm currently about to do a major overhaul on my Santa Fe. My dad was the original owner and I'm the second. My cv joints are clicking so I bought new half shafts from autozone, brand new duralast gold. My question is, the passenger side half shaft has one male spline and that's for the wheel hub, the transmission connection is a female splined piece, isn't it supposed to also be a male spline to enter inside the transmission? My driver side half shaft has a male spline on both ends and many videos I've seen on YouTube(none of my specific vehicle or transmission type), both half shafts have male splines on both ends. I just want to know if it's supposed to be a female before I take this car down for service and then have to find a way to add a male spline.

Hi there. The left hand axle has male end on both sides and the right hand has one male and one female on it. The parts you have are correct. If you need further assistance with your overhaul, a certified, like one from YourMechanic, can replace your axle shafts and inspect for other problems on your Santa Fe.