Q: Car making a vacuum sound and makes my battery drain, therefore kills the car

asked by on September 01, 2017

Here recently my car has been making a screaming vacuum noise. When I go less than 1000 RPM or sometimes go to brake. My car died today from that reason and I have no clue how to fix it. Also my check engine light and everything else is perfectly fine and not on.

Hi Brandon. There are many things that could be causing this issue, ranging from a vacuum leak, to a cracked or damaged exhaust manifold. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car starts then dies inspection, so they can isolate the root issues and recommend or complete the right repairs.