Q: My 2004 Honda Civic is making too much noise. Why and how would I address the issue?

asked by on November 05, 2016

My Honda Civic is a salvaged car. It started making noise when I turn on the AC, my mechanic changed the belts last time when I do oil change ... so I don't understand it would make such a disturbing noise!!( it sounds like the breaks are worn out but it doesn't have to do with breaks... because it was changed recently the four breaks!!)

Hi there. Assuming the noise is a high-pitched squeal when the A/C is turned on, it may be that the new belt has stretched and needs to be readjusted. The A/C compressor may also be failing, causing the belt to slip and make noise. There are other possibilities, of course.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why your vehicle is making noise when a/c is turned on and suggest the needed repairs.