Q: My 2004 Honda Civic is making too much noise. Why and how would I address the issue?

My Honda Civic is a salvaged car. It started making noise when I turn on the AC, my mechanic changed the belts last time when I do oil change ... so I don't understand it would make such a disturbing noise!!( it sounds like the breaks are worn out but it doesn't have to do with breaks... because it was changed recently the four breaks!!)

A: Hi there. Assuming the noise is a high-pitc...

Hi there. Assuming the noise is a high-pitched squeal when the A/C is turned on, it may be that the new belt has stretched and needs to be readjusted. The A/C compressor may also be failing, causing the belt to slip and make noise. There are other possibilities, of course.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why your vehicle is making noise when a/c is turned on and suggest the needed repairs.