Q: Drove over large curb - 2015 Kia Rio5

asked by on September 14, 2016

I was driving my Rio5 in the grocery store parking lot and accidently drove over a large curb with the passenger side wheels. The lights on the dashboard went bananas. They flashed all over the place. Then they went back to normal. I am really worried I ruined my car. Do you know if I could have possibly caused damage? Should I take my car to the dealer to get it checked out?

Exhaust System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The behavior you describe may only have been a momentary glitch because of the shock to the chassis. However, other damage to suspension, fuel and brake lines or the exhaust pipe might have also occurred. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle’s suspension/brakes, and exhaust system.