Q: Steering noise, brake failure, dash lights on - 2004 Cadillac XLR

asked by on September 03, 2016

My car has a mileage of approximately 145,000 miles. It's been a week since I had a minor accident that occurred due to brake failure. I was driving at 45 mph, when the steering wheel started making unusual noise when I turned it either left or right. Then, the dash started showing the stability control light on. I was approaching the traffic light, so I applied the brakes but they were inoperable at that moment and I hit another car. At that moment, the ABS traction control warning came on. I went to the dealership but they weren't able to replicate the failure and fix it. Do you have any idea what happened to my car?

GM issued several service bulletins which appear to deal with this scenario (TSB Service Bulletin Number: 10342498 &10574399 ). Check with your Cadillac dealer.