Q: steering wheel lock malfunction

Yesterday noticed Steering wheel lock malfunction warning however I am able to drive without any issue but having issue on starting the engine after few attempts it starts.

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The warning light, and the accompanying fault, represents a known issue in your model and consequently is much discussed in automotive forums. Frequently, the ignition switch module (ISM) is faulty but prior to any complex diagnostics, the battery should be tested and all connections should be verified. Also, it should be determined if any trouble codes are stored as those can provide clues. What you have right now is an incipient failure and the hard starting may be connected to switch failure (or problems in the ignition switch circuit). Eventually, it is likely the car will fail to start with the only advantage of that being it is much easier (electrically speaking) to diagnose a total failure as opposed to an incipient, intermittent, or partial failure. To get this resolved now though to prevent being stranded one day, the recommended diagnostic is an electrical component/circuit diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, a certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.