Q: What tips should I follow when using the jack?

What tips should I follow when using the jack?

A: Your car has a jack and several tools that ...

Your car has a jack and several tools that should be used when you have a flat tire. The jack has a compact, scissor-style that easily stores away in the cargo compartment, and it’s also easy to use. However, there are some important tips to follow if you ever do have to put it to use. Here’s what you should know:

• Don’t use the jack on any other vehicle.

• Don’t use any other jack on this vehicle.

• Always ensure that the jack is on a lift point – don’t raise the car from any other location.

• Don’t put anything under the jack, as this can cause stability issues.

• The jack should be used only for installing the spare, or for installing tire chains.

• Never use the jack when someone is in the car. All passengers should get out before lifting with the jack.

• Never run the engine when using the jack.

• Raise the jack only as high as necessary to remove the flat tire and install the spare.

• Before lowering the car, make sure there is nothing under it.