Oil Pressure Sensor Stripped 350z 2004 nissan v6-3.5l

Q: Oil Pressure Sensor Stripped

asked by on March 13, 2018

I went under my car and tried replacing my Oil Pressure Sensor right by the Oil Filter, and when I tried to do that it kept spinning and not coming out. I know how to take it out but as far as putting the new one in I'm not sure how to go about that. I've been told teflon tape or some sort of threadlock will work but I'm not so sure. Also a retap was recommended but i don't see how the new one would fit if they make the hole bigger. Thanks.

Hi Eddie. Thanks for contacting us today. Typically, if the oil pressure sensor ’hole’ was stripped, it needs to be retapped as the correct repair solution. While some mechanics use Teflon tape or other materials to help fix this, eventually this will cause problems. You should probably purchase a service and repair manual for your 350Z to read the steps recommended by Nissan in this case.