Q: Leaking coolant, dripping off engine block near oil filter. 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

My coolant is leaking at a significant rate, I usually have to fill it up every two-three weeks, the coolant is dripping off underneath the oil filter on the engine block, also beneath the alternator. This leads me to believe its the water pump. I am not sure if it is the bearing in the water pump or gasket? I know it is simply an impeller but I do not know how long I have to fix it before it can cause damage. If it just means me filling the coolant up for now until I have the money to fix it then I am ok, but I want to make sure it wont get worse or cause some other damage other than the coolant running low. How long can I go before getting it repaired and what will have to be repaired? The whole water pump or is there a specific part and does it sound like the water pump to you?

Hi - yes, almost certainly this is the water pump bearing seal leaking. I would replace the water pump immediately. Modern water pumps have a remarkable ability to hold water right up to the instant they fail completely - resulting in overheating. I would recommend an immediate water pump replacement](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/water-pump-replacement) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Leaking coolant, dripping off engine block near oil filter. 2006 Dodge Ram 1500