Q: Car shakes violently when driving past 40mph and pulls to the left

When the vehicle begins to accelerate everything is ok, but as you get closer to 40 mph things start to change.... a slight shake starts as well as a very light pull to the right and if you stay at 40 mph its not to bad.... but at 45 mph its a total different ball game... the front end starts to shake violently like basketball being dribbled down the court and the car wants to go right quickly... I suspect ball joint is the culprit as well as bad tires and or rims. Can you please let me know what you think? Thank you. George is my name.

This is something that can happen when tires and wheels are out of balance or the car needs to be aligned. This can also happen when the brake rotors are warped or when the wheel bearings are bad or in some cases worn out ball joints as you suggest. The fact that the car wants to pull to the right may suggest that the right side wheel bearing may be badly worn. Have a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the shaking issue and pulling problem for you, and proceed with the proper repairs.