Q: How do you check the transmission fluid?

How do you check the transmission fluid?

Like your engine, your transmission needs fluid in order to operate safely. It lubricates parts, reduces friction, prevents premature wear and tear, and more. It’s vital that you keep an eye on the level of fluid in your transmission, and it’s actually easy to do. Here’s how:

1. Make sure you’re parked level.

2. Leave the engine running until the cooling fan cycles at least once.

3. Turn off the engine.

4. Within a minute, pull the yellow dipstick out of the transmission and wipe the fluid off.

5. Reinsert the dipstick and then pull it out and check the level of the fluid. It should be

between the minimum and maximum lines in the “hot” section.

1. If the fluid is low, top it off through the dipstick hole and then check it again. Don’t overfill it.

Tips

You MUST use Honda DW-1 transmission fluid in your car.