Q: Car won't go over 35 mph

My car just cannot run faster than 35 mph. Each time I apply the gas pedal, the engine would rev but there would be no increase in speed. I had the airflow sensor replaced as I was told at the shop that it would help, but I still have the same problem. What should I do?

A: Hello. We’ll be happy to help with your 199...

Hello. We’ll be happy to help with your 1998 BMW 318i. Your power loss may be due to something like a clogged catalytic converter, a bad ignition module, or faulted spark plugs. Check the flow of the catalytic converter, inspect the condition of the spark plugs, and test ignition module both visually and with a multimeter. To have the fault verified, you could have a certified technician inspect your vehicle’s loss of power in order to make the correct repair.