engine on buick rendezvous is making squealing noise...wa...

Q: engine on buick rendezvous is making squealing noise...was told may be a belt....was low on transmission fluid....could the two be

asked by on May 30, 2017

The engine is making a squealing noise & was told it may be a belt. It was real low on transmission fluid & thought that may be problem but still squealing (shifts fine)...I'm afraid to drive & considering selling it but can't afford new one & need to know if its worth fixing...please help.

The belt squeals due to a loose or weak tensioner or one of the components that is driven by the belt. You should have the belt tension checked and then inspect the belt for damage and glaze indication of component failure. If so, remove belt and turn each component by hand to feel if one is seized or ready to seize and repair or replace component and install new belt.