Q: Vehicle not moving when transmission is in drive

asked by on February 24, 2016

I put the transmission in my vehicle into drive and it doesn't move.

Car does not move when I step on the gas pedal Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A vehicle not moving when put into, drive can be caused by many things. The problem may be as simple as the need to add some transmission fluid to as serious as the need for a replacement transmission. As the nature of this problem can vary greatly in nature, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, properly diagnose your transmission issue in order to determine what repairs are needed.