I have a 2000 gmc Sierra 1500 it had a pushbutton transfe...

I have a 2000 gmc Sierra 1500 it had a pushbutton transfer case that went bad I have a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with a manual transfer case can I swap the transfer case and if so what will I need to do thank you Mechanic'...

I have a 2000 gmc Sierra 1500 it had a pushbutton transfer case that went bad I have a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with a manual transfer case can I swap the transfer case and if so what will I need to do thank you Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes I have it bolt up I know iam going to have to install a toggle switch to make the frontend actuator work but iam concerned on how to hook up speed sensor and what affect it will have on the transmission shifting and right now my speed odometer needle is all the way to the right Mechanic's Assistant: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter? Not sure what a wire wrapped magnet is

Automotive Expert
Thank You for contacting JustAnswer! Hello I'm John. I am an ASE certified Master Technician with over 20 years experience in the Automotive Industry. I know it can be frustrating having vehicle problems. I'll do my best to help you. Please understand that I don't know what your skill level is, what tools you have available and I can not physically see what you are doing. If it is more helpful the site automatically offers a premium phone call service where you can talk to me directly or another Expert may call you if you request it. Please understand that this not a direct request from me as it is automated. You may accept or decline, but please understand that I may not be able to call right away as I may be helping another customer or researching information related to the problem you are having. Now let's get started!
Automotive Expert
transfer cases are cheap get the correct transfer case or your going to go into limp mode try www.car-part.com Thank you for taking the time to contact Just Answer today. Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. I hope you are satisfied with my help. Thank you.

Still not sure what you need?

Have a certified mobile mechanic diagnose what's wrong with your car, at your home or office.