Q: Engine hesitation and rubbing in 2005 Ford Taurus

My uncle's 2005 Ford Taurus has a really hesitant engine and it has a weird rubbing where it bounces up and down and it hesitates a lot. What can I do?

First, you watch my video "how to fix the car that idles poorly." You get some spray cleaner for cleaning the throttle and clean that up. It could be that.

If it’s not that, find my video "how to find a vacuum leak with a cigar." You can easily have a vacuum leak somewhere and it often causes up and down. Try those two first. That often fixes the problem on that car.

If you need help with this, a technician from YourMechaninc can come to your home or office to inspect your engine’s hesitation issue and determine what repair will be necessary.

3. Engine hesitation and rubbing in 2005 Ford Taurus