Q: There are sometimes small vibrations during idle and at times a clacking noise

There are sometimes small vibrations during idle and at times a clacking noise. It runs and accelerates well. The vibrations also seemmore pronounced when the car is cold started. There are no check engine lights. The car is driven about 50 miles per day. Last tune up was last year.

Hello. The noise you hear is the timing chain and tensioner. This is the most common noise in these motors. The fix is to replace the timing chains and tensioner for both sides of the engine with new guides also. If the guides have fell apart then the oil pan will have to be removed to clean out the oil pickup tube. The vibration is also from the timing chain. If you need further assistance, contact a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, replace the timing chain on your vehicle.

3. There are sometimes small vibrations during idle and at times a clacking noise