Q: Power steering goes out

asked by on February 09, 2016

The power steering keeps going out.

Steering wheel does not respond properly Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Your vehicle could have one of two power steering systems. If you have a traditional power steering system, with a power steering pump, power steering hoses, and rack and pinion, a malfunction of any of those components could be the cause of why the power steering keeps going out. If you have the electrical power steering system, there could be a problem with the electrical rack pinion system itself, there is also a sensor that could be bad, or the car battery could be weak. I would recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and do a diagnosis of the power steering system to pinpoint what repairs are needed for your vehicle.