Q: Brake pedal touches floorboard

asked by on December 24, 2016

I just got a car from a private owner...the brakes work but the pedal just about touches the floor the car does stop but you have too brake very early...when I press on it sounds like air..like when you hand pump a bike tire...when I got the car I had too put brake fluid in the master cylinder...but I don't think I need brakes it's either the cylinder or my line is leaking cause there's barely any pressure on the pedal what do you think ?... Thanks for your time

You are going to have to have the brakes completely inspected for leaks. You most likely have a leak from somewhere if the fluid was low. Once leak is located then check all pads and rotors for need to replace after leak is fixed.