Q: How to check if your altinator alternator is out?

My van wouldn't start and it kept making a clicking sound every time I tried to turn it on. So I jump started it and headed to AutoZone for a battery. But how do I know if it's running on the battery alone or both. How can i test the altenator?

A: You are most likely driving on the alternat...

You are most likely driving on the alternator to get there. The battery and alternator can only be examined with a tester device. Do not try and disconnect the battery cable while it is running or you will damage the computer modules in the vehicle. You need to have the battery checked first and replace if it is bad, then check and replace the alternator if necessary. I would suggest having one of our mobile technicians come to your home to run these checks and properly diagnose your starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.