Q: Is there a wire in my car that is only on when the car is off?

I am currently installing an aftermarket ground effect lights system and I would like to have it's so that it only is on when the car is off so that I do not get a ticket for leaving it on while driving. If not how can I accomplish the same thing with out any non auto switches

Hi there. Check the fuse box for any live circuits with a test light and the ignition switch turned to the off position. Then hook up your exterior lighting system to that port with a fusible link and a toggle switch. This will allow you to turn the lights on and off when you want but still have the protection in the circuit in the event that the lights stop working. If you need further assistance with adding exterior lighting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Is there a wire in my car that is only on when the car is off?