Q: I have a 2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack. Had wheels, tires, and springs installed and since then the car makes a bloop noise.

I recently had a shop install Eibach Pro Kit springs, Nitto Motivo 315 rear tires and 275 front tires. Within a few days of the install I noticed that the car was making a 'bloop' sound which came from the back of the car, but it's so clear it sounds like it's inside the car. I could replicate it 90% of the time just by braking or accelerating. I took it back to both shops today and they told me the tires nor the springs would do that.

The noise is probably a consequence of an improper installation of the aftermarket parts and/or the parts are incompatible (inappropriate) for the vehicle design. Generally speaking aftermarket replacement parts are less desirable than OEM parts. Once you start installing vehicle modifications the circumstances become even more problematic in terms of vehicle operation and reliability. Personally, my advice is unless you are interested in conducting an experiment or are willing to bear the risks associated with these types of "modifications" to the OEM design (both perfectly legitimate goals, by the way), they are just simply not a good idea for vehicle owners. If it were me, and the modification were performed with the results that you are now describing, I would request a removal of all modifications and a return of the vehicle to the original condition. If you need YourMechanic to pinpoint the origin of the noise, please use YourMechanic’s vehicle noise diagnostic service page and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I have a 2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack. Had wheels, tires, and springs installed and since then the car makes a bloop noise.