Q: Replaced the fuel pump and now the car won't start - 1985 Chevrolet El Camino

Car ran good. But would die at idle. Replace fuel pump thinking this was the problem. And now the car won't start

Fuel pumps are typically tested by YourMechanic for pressure and volume and related parts, such as the fuel filter, are considered for replacement (a plugged filter could make the pump appear bad). Of course, the fuel pump is tested so that parts are not needlessly replaced.

You should check to see if the ignition system is working, that is, check for a spark. If the ignition system is functioning, and there is adequate fuel pressure, you might consider the fuel injectors. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car will not start and suggest any necessary repairs.

3. Replaced the fuel pump and now the car won't start - 1985 Chevrolet El Camino