Q: Runs rough and misfires

it has new plugs and wires code reader says o2\s are good both of them it has a miss number five cyc. code reader says some thing code reader says some thing about trigger system i never herd of a triggering system on these it runs rough at speed it pops and coughs can any one help with this regards joe

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The trigger system that your codes may be referring to could be the crankshaft or camshaft position sensors. Many engine management systems use these signals as a trigger point for their ignition systems. It could be possible that there is a problem with the sensors, or perhaps the associated wiring or connectors. Similar symptoms can also be caused by other issues, such as fuel or ignition system problems. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing your misfires and warning lights.