Q: My Hyudai elantra 2014 stalled and stopped after the battery light, engine light and oil light came on

asked by on May 30, 2017

My Hyudai elantra 2014 stalled and stopped after the battery light, engine light and oil light came on. But it would start everytime. I took it to samstone and they flushed my engine,replaced gadge valve and changed oil. car started and drove for 15 miles then stopped. same issue. I took it back and this time it didnt start. when it did there was a noise in the hood of the car (sounds like pots and pans) they checked my altenator and said it was good. I just want to know what it is i would hate to be scammed. thank you

Hello, thank you for writing in. With check engine lights on, the first step is always scanning the vehicle for codes. These help direct your attention and ease diagnostics. The main concern is that the engine is making a loud noise. We need to determine if the noise and the battery or oil light are related. A major issue with the engine would effect the alternator charging the battery, the oil pressure, and several other components. However issues with the drive belt and other components can play a factor as well. Electrical and charging issues can cause various sensors to fail, and cause other warning lights to turn on. Only further inspection will tell, and you may need to get a second opinion. For help from our technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.