Q: Audi doesn't start

Car doesn't start even when jump started. When jump started, all lights come on, music plays but steering is locked down. What could be the issue

Car will not turn over Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Jump starting a car made after 1996 can be a very risky business. You can do a lot of expensive damage in the blink of an eye if you hook the cables up incorrectly.That being said, it’s possible that the immobilizer has been engaged as it will sometimes do when the power is interrupted. It’s designed to keep someone from defeating the security system by disconnecting the battery. While the jumper cables are attached, try locking the car with the remote. Then unlock it with the remote, get in, close the door and try to start the car normally. In the absence of a scan tool, that’s the only thing you can do to reset the security system. If this doesn’t work for you, or even if it does and you still need to solve the battery issue, contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to diagnose your Audi and make a recommendation for solving your problem.