Q: I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler that recently has started making a clunk and clicking noise from stand still and during left turns.

From a standstill in first gear there is clicking/clunk noise from the middle of the car. I also hear the noise when turning left. I have turned the wheel while car is parked and it does not make the noise. I checked out the suspension and it does not make the clunk when going over speed bumps. At about 30 mph I get a vibration in the steering wheel that can be felt throughout the car.

Hi Luciano. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It’s quite possible that you have a few different issues causing these noises. In regards to the clunking noise from the center while first starting to roll in first gear, it could be due to loose body mounts (which tend to wear out after 10+ years) or even a loose differential coupler or yoke. With the turning noise, I would first suspect tie rod ends or bushings as leading culprits. However, you can’t count out suspension components such as shocks, the shock mount or other parts. I think your best bet is to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site noise inspection so they can replicate the symptoms and inspect the Jeep personally, which is the best way to diagnose any mechanical problem.

3. I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler that recently has started making a clunk and clicking noise from stand still and during left turns.