Q: Car starts then 3 seconds later it dies

asked by on September 19, 2016

Ran good. Parked up, started engine, it ran for 3 seconds then died, no stalling. Just dies and will restart immediately or when I want it to. Runs 3 seconds and dies. Replaced fuel filter hours ago and now I can hear fuel pump. Disconnected fuel line in to fuel filter in, fuel makes it that far. Has spark, oil,water, petroleum. Again runs 3 seconds then dies.. I'm surely getting fuel to motor. Help!

Ignition Relay Replacement $89.03 - $185.97 Get a Quote
Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in. There may be a problem where the ignition relay is losing connection and causes the vehicle to stall or not start. You might need to replace the ignition relay.

If you would like help confirming the issue, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.