Q: Transmission temperature sensor is acting up. Can it be changed?

Cars dash displays check transmission put on the computer said it's the transmission temp sensor

Your vehicle should have an AODE / 4R70W transmission and the transmission temperature sensor is located on the Valve Body (brain) in the oil pan. Remove the transmission oil pan and drain out the oil. Remove the oil filter and you will see the temperature sending unit. Click here for an illustration of the sending unit. Then after putting in the new sending unit, put the pan on with a new gasket and a new filter. Then fill up the transmission until the dipstick is reading full. Then start the engine and cycle the transmission in reverse and drive while not moving. Then put it in park and check the fluid with the engine running and top off the fluid if it’s low. If you need further assistance with the transmission temperature sending unit, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.