Q: 2006 Honda Civic Dx won't accelerate over 20 mph...Checked codes says it's a misfire change plugs and found oil in well...Plz Help

asked by on April 06, 2017

I hopped it started it up...Went a couple of blocks...And as I went to accelerate thru a light...The CEL came on and the car preceded to stall...And wouldn't go no more than 30 mph...Stalled when I slowed...With the petal to the floor that's all I was able to do...I had it coded...It said a misfire...So I changed plugs and boots...While doing so I noticed oil was in the 3rd cylinder plug well...I cleaned it out a bit and when I turned it over it the car cranked but wouldn't go past 20mph...Am I missing something...Please point me in the right direction...

To start you will need to replace the valve cover gasket and clean out all the oil out of the spark plug tubes. Then you will need to replace every coil boot that got oil on them. Once this is done then you can clear the codes and road test to see if the misfire goes away. If any cylinder still misfires then you may need to replace the coil for that cylinder.