Q: Shaking when in overdrive

asked by on December 27, 2016

thought this issue was a misfire and changed the plugs, wires, and coil. later changed the fuel filter and dpfe. showing a p0402 and a p0174. the LTFT for bank 2 is at 19% (too high) bank one reads fine, should I start with the egr solenoid functions? I have found no other vac leaks anywhere.;

Fuel Injector Replacement $383.27 - $3870.61 Get a Quote
Exhaust Gas Recirculation/EGR Valve Replacement $144.81 - $916.86 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the fuel system and see if the fuel injector for cylinder number 2 is malfunctioning. The code P0402 means that the EGR is not functioning and the code P0174 means that Bank 2 is lean, which is for a lack of fuel or too much oxygen. Check for a vacuum leak around all of the cylinders and also check the spark plug wires and make sure that its hooked up all the way with die-electric grease. I recommend switching out the injectors from Bank 2 and switch them with Bank 1 and see if the system changes to the other cylinders. It it does change to the other cylinders, then the injector(s) are not working and needs replaced. For the EGR problem, the EGR valve will not effect just one cylinder as it would effect all of the cylinders. I recommend replacing the EGR to as it could be effecting all the cylinders on Bank 2. If you need further assistance with a fuel system being lean and the EGR, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr