Q: My car is overheating - 2000 Toyota Celica

new water pump, new thermostat, c02 test came up clean. no water in oil. overheats when idle and full of water. Overheats after a few mins of driving. It spikes from operating temp to H instead of gradually getting hotter. Have tried to bleed the air out a few times and still over heating.

A: This may be caused by a faulty coolant fan ...

This may be caused by a faulty coolant fan relay. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, it can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time, or sometimes not at all.

When this happens, you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. I would suggest having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is overheating and suggest the necessary repairs.