Q: Shaking and vibrations

asked by on December 19, 2016

So my friend just changed a transmission mount of my Kia spectra ex like 4 days ago but now the car is still doing the same. It shakes while I am in drive here n there. Not all the time. Lil scary of how it's shakes in the middle of the freeway while I am driving. Any suggestions or solutions? Thanks a lot

Hello. Shaking can be caused by many things. If the transmission mount was recently replaced then I would also take a look at the engine mounts to see if any of them also need to be replaced. Worn or damaged motor mounts are one of the most common causes of engine vibration, and can place additional stress on the vehicle’s other components if they wear enough to allow engine movement. It may also be possible that the shaking is related to a performance issue, perhaps due to a problem with the fuel, engine management, or ignition systems. If a fault that leads to a misfire occurs with any of these systems then performance issues such as power loss, hesitation, and shaking can occur. If the shaking does not appear to be coming from the engine, it could also be possible that it is suspension or brake related. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, If you are unsure I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be the cause of your shaking.