Q: U1262 scp data link fault

car sometimes will not start but when it does it don't get any gear selection it's a fiesta Finesse semi automatic had a code reader on it and get this u1262 scp data link fault

A: The code U1262 point out a communication fa...

The code U1262 point out a communication fault between the vehicle modules and a scanner. It may be best to visit your local dealer to find if one of the vehicles control modules has failed. In some cases this can be as simple as a blown fuse, but there is always a reason for a fuse to blow. If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider enlisting the help of a certified technician from YourMechanic. A mobile technician will be able to come to your home and diagnose your starting issue for an accurate repair.