Q: Transmission makes high pitched whistle intermediatly

asked by on December 20, 2016

Transmission makes high pitched whistle intermediatly

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The whistling noise from the transmission could be either a thrust bearing failing or a clutch pack is slipping under certain conditions. First check the fluid to the transmission and make sure that its full and red in color. Then, check to see if the noise is happening in D, 3, 2, L and R. If the transmission does it in all of the gears, then its a thrust bearing issue. If the transmission only makes the sound in a certain gear, then its a clutch pack slipping. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission noise.

Hello.