Q: Q: Coolant leak on car

I have a coolant leak on my car. I added water, but I was afraid to mix coolants.

Hi. The water pump and radiator are common leaks on your van. Your cooling system will need to be inspected to find what part is leaking. It’s ok to add water to the system temporarily until the leak is repaired, but do not delay. When there is too much, or all water, the system can start to corrode on the inside. Also, do not park the van outside if it is below freezing, this can cause serious damage. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the coolant leak and make the necessary repairs.

3. Q: Coolant leak on car