Q: Where is the vehicle identification number located?

Where is the vehicle identification number located?

The vehicle identification number (VIN) is one of the most important identifiers about your car. It provides information about the manufacturer, the make and model, the year, where it was assembled and more. You’ll also find that it’s required in a number of situations, including selling your car (for the title), for insuring it, and many others.

You can find the VIN on your car located on the dash. It’s in front of the driver position, close to the windshield on a metal placard. It’s also located on the driver side door placard or your vehicle, along with other pertinent information, such as your transmission code, the correct tire size for the car, manufacturer specified air pressure and more.

3. Where is the vehicle identification number located?