Q: Should i replace/clean my EGR valve myself?

Should I just clean/replace the EGR valve myself or is it too complicated and just bring it to a real mechanic?

Hi there. It really depends on what the problem is with the vehicle. If there is an EGR code then some of the time the EGR can be cleaned, but most of the time it will need to be replaced. If you do this yourself you just need to be really careful not to get any of the carbon in the engine. I have seen a lot of people accidentally get this in the engine, which will cause serious engine damage. If you want to have this EGR problem repaired by someone, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.