Q: My 2009 chevy impala LT D,3,2 gears my car won't go but goes in R and 1 what's wrong??

My car only goes in P,R,N,1 NONE of other gears work

What you are describing could be caused by a broken forward apply band, a worn out inner surface of the input clutch piston or other comparable major failures. The fault can be diagnosed and if confirmed the transmission will likely have to be re-built. The range selecter (shift cable) and manual lever (on transmission case) should be checked just to be sure it is not a shift selector issue. Also, you can check the fluid level as low fluid will cause shift/engagement problems. To get the fault pinpointed, the recommended service is a no movement in any gear diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and explain your repair options, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.