Q: Im having issues with my 2003 hyundai sonata when I am on the freeway it sways to the right and left and kinda has a loose feeling

asked by on April 22, 2017

My car when on the freeway sways to the left and right almost like a loose feeling to the rear of my car. I previously had an alignment done on it and replaced my tires and the upgraded the tires thinking that was my problem as the alignment shop said that was a tire issue. Ive read everywhere online that its a suspension problem but not really sure what it could be. Any ideas?

The first thing you want to do is check the tire pressure. A tire that is low by just a few PSI can cause the car to feel unstable. I’ve frequently had problems with new tires that leak because of a problem with the rim or even a poor installation. If you don’t find any fault in the tire pressure, then you can start to suspect a strut or a suspension problem. Modern cars have multiple links holding the wheels in place while allowing complicated movement over rough surfaces. If the bushings in the ends of any of these links are worn out, the car could feel unstable. You can have this checked out conveniently by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to [check out your swaying issue}(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/excessive-car-bounce-and-sway-inspection) and let you know what you can do about it.