P0746 2008NISSAN Maxima 3.5SE - Pressure Control Solenoid...

Q: P0746 2008NISSAN Maxima 3.5SE - Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Performance

asked by on February 22, 2018

P0746 NISSAN - Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Performance can it be fixed and what's the price range

The P0746 code will set if the PCM detects an irregularity in the electronic pressure control solenoid circuit. Typically, that means that the level of hydraulic pressure (in PSI) commanded or expected is not actually detected by the computer. That circumstance can arise from a variety of faults, some very inexpensive to remedy (low fluid level) and some more costly. The range of possibilities include: a faulty electronic pressure control solenoid; mechanical issues or hydraulic circuit blockages/leaks within the transmission; low fluid level or contaminated transmission fluid; a faulty transmission control module or a faulty PCM (this is a very rare occurrence though). To have the cause pinpointed, and the required repairs estimated and implemented, the recommended service to request is a check engine light diagnostic. Once the problem is precisely pinpointed, the mechanic will give you an exact repair cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.