Q: ABS light is on...1999 toyota camry

My ABS dash board light stays on when I start my car. And I cant put it into drive. to put it into drive I have to push and hold down a button next to the shifter.

It sounds like you may have an issue with the ABS control module or the wheel sensors on your vehicle. The ABS control module controls the activation of the ABS system based upon inputs from the ABS wheel sensors. When this module is not working properly you may notice it inadvertently activating the ABS system causing the brakes to lock up randomly or simply causing the ABS light to come on. In your case, there is a safety switch that is not allowing the vehicle to transition from park into gear. In some cases it may not activate the system at all and may be related to inaccurate input data from the wheel sensors. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your ABS system.

3. ABS light is on...1999 toyota camry