Q: What kind of engine oil is recommended?

What kind of engine oil is recommended?

Using the right engine oil is vital – the wrong weight (viscosity) can cause any number of problems, ranging from premature wear and tear to low fuel economy. The only weight oil your car should use is 0W-20. You can use conventional, blended or full synthetic oil, as long as it’s 0W-20 and has the seal of the American Petroleum Institute (API) on the bottle.

It is a good idea that if you switch to a blend or fully synthetic that you stick to that type of oil for all future oil changes. If your vehicle leaks engine oil and you use conventional oil, don’t switch to synthetic as this may make the leak worse. Once the leak is repaired you can switch.

3. What kind of engine oil is recommended?