Q: automatic transmission,will only go if i manually shift

I have to shift automatic transmission manually,,? fluid is good,we changed fluid and filter,still the same problem,

A: You may have a bad shift governor in the ba...

You may have a bad shift governor in the back of the transmission. The governor will shift the transmission as you speed up. Some transmissions have a manual type and others use an electronic type. Either way, it is in the tail shaft area of the transmission and will need to be checked to see if it is stuck and not working correctly by an experienced transmission mechanic.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, feel free to contact a professional mechanic who can diagnose the issue with your gear. From there you will know what exactly needs to be addressed.